Monday, March 5, 2012

Famous African-Native Americans

African-Native Americans, and Native Americans in themselves, are often overlooked, and ignored. Most people may struggle with identifying someone of African-Native American descent, and this is because they are often misrepresented as fitting the image of a stereotypical "Indian". People expect to see feathers, moccasins, and breechcloth, when in fact, some of our favorite entertainers and prominent figures in society are African-Native Americans.

Some examples of well-known people, with African-Native Americans bloodlines are:

Rapper T.I.


Rapper Ludacris


Singer Beyonce Knowles


Innovator Oprah Winfrey



Late Singer Aaliyah Haughton


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the fact it is hard to tell who is Afro-Native American based of looks. Too many people do have a preconceived notion of what an Indian looks like, and do not think they can look different. You definitely opened my eyes because I did not know T.I. or Ludacris were Afro-Native American...maybe I still cannot shake the image of what I think an Indian looks like.

    ReplyDelete